Information for Incoming CAS Students
All incoming CAS students will go through a virtual advising and registration process in May and June. Throughout this process students will work with their assigned academic advisor to discuss requirements, possible majors, and to enroll in fall courses. Incoming CAS first-year students will not be able to register before this time. First-year students will receive an email to begin the advising and registration process the week of May 1st. Transfer students will receive an email regarding the advising and registration process after submitting their deposit beginning in May.
There will be three registration waves for incoming CAS first-year students:
- Wave A (6/5/2017-6/14/2017)
- Wave B (6/19/2017-6/28/2017)
- Wave C (Starts 7/10/2017)
Please note: You may notice that you have an “enrollment date” listed as June 5 in your Albert Student Center, but this does not mean that you will register on this day. Advisors will reach out to all new students at the beginning of their registration wave to discuss the registration process further.
Questions? Try some of these links:
- CAS Degree Requirements
- CAS Majors and Minors
- The College Core Curriculum
- Pre-Professional Advising
- Opportunities for Undergraduate Research
- Wasserman: On Campus Employment, Internship, and Career Resources
- External Transfers
- CAS Advising Presentations & Sample Schedules
Other Useful Information:
- There is no in-person summer orientation program. All first-year students will participate in CAS Orientation in the fall (Monday, August 28th - Friday, September 1st). Transfer students will participate in transfer orientation on Thursday, August 31st and Friday, September 1st.
- Move in day is on Sunday, August 27th. Students will receive further information about housing and move in day later in the summer.
- Students can activate their NetIDs and set up emails here.
- To meet fellow incoming CAS first-year students and learn more about CAS, students can check out the NYU CAS Class of 2021 Facebook page & Preparing for NYU for specific information about preparing to be a CAS student!
- To meet fellow incoming CAS Transfer students and learn more about campus resources, students can like the Transfer Student Facebook Page and visit the SRC Transfer & Transitioning Student Programs webpage!
- Check out Next Stop NYU for important deadlines, links and resources to help you get ready for NYU.
Please feel free to email email@example.com with any further questions or concerns!